Building Facility Use
Thank you for considering Graystone Church for your upcoming event. Our primary purpose is to know God and make God know. Graystone Church has an active ministry to children, youth, and adults. Our programs and people are the top priority when it comes to facility use.
Building use activities fall under the jurisdiction of each Campus Pastor. The Facilities Director manages building use. No commitment for building use is finalized until the General Use Agreement has been completed and executed by the Campus Pastor and any required deposit received.
Approval of the use of the grounds and facilities does not constitute or imply endorsement of a group, their mission, or their positions. Groups approved to use facilities must not advertise the event in such a way as to imply endorsement by the congregation. No activities or advocacy may take place within our buildings or grounds that conflicts with the Bylaws and the practices of this congregation and the denomination.
Included in this guide are the following:
• Steps to Facility Use Scheduling
• Fees for Facility Use
• Rules and Regulations of the Campus Pastor
• Room Use Agreement form
• Release and Indemnity Agreement form
We look forward to helping you make your event successful and memorable.
Steps to Facility Use Scheduling
• Fill out a General Use Agreement. One is included in this guide.
• Attach any additional information you feel might be useful in helping us determine if we can accommodate your group.
• Return the General Use Agreement to the Campus Pastor, who will evaluate your request and notify you if it is approved or not approved.
Fees for Facility Use Please note the fee schedule per campus below. Also, be sure to review the Impact Fee schedule following the basic fee table.
Ozora Campus Fee Schedule for Church Members and organizations supported by Graystone:
Prices are per Room per 5 Hours 3 Hours 2 Hours
Auditorium $330 $200 $140
Lobby $200 $130 $90
Front Room $220 $150 $120
Student Room $220 $150 $120
Georgia Aquarium Room $150 $100 $70
Children’s Classroom $40 $25 $20
Nursery (childcare not provided) $40 $25 $25
Ozora Campus Fee Schedule for Non-Members:
Prices are Per Room Per 5 Hours 3 Hours 2 Hours
Auditorium $400 $250 $170
Lobby $230 $145 $100
Front Room $250 $180 $145
Student Room $250 $180 $145
Georgia Aquarium Room $200 $130 $100
Children’s Classroom $50 $35 $30
Nursery (childcare not provided) $50 $35 $35
Walton & Oconee Campuses Fee Schedule for Church Members and organizations supported by Graystone:
Room 5 Hours 3 Hours 2 Hours Auditorium $250 $150 $100 Student Room $200 $120 $80 Children’s Classroom $40 $25 $20 Nursery (childcare not provided) $40 $25 $25
Walton & Oconee Campuses Fee Schedule for Non-Members:
Room 5 Hours 3 Hours 2 Hours Auditorium $350 $200 $120 Student Room $250 $150 $100 Children’s Classroom $50 $35 $30 Nursery (childcare not provided) $50 $35 $35 In most instances, the Auditorium is not available on Sundays.
Prices are Per 0-20 people 21-99 people 100+ people
Minimal Set Up $25 $35 $50
Substantial Set Up $50 $75 $100
Custodial Clean Up $50 $75 $100
Impact Fees are charged at the discretion of the Facilities Director taking into account factors such as setup requirements, number of participants, use of any special equipment, etc. Based on these factors, impact fees may be in excess of the guideline amounts.
*Additional Fee for food and drink
Rules and Regulations of the Operations Director Breakage
|All persons and/or groups using our facilities are expected to exercise reasonable care and judgment in such use in order to prevent defacement, damage, or breakage. The person(s) signing the application for use shall be responsible for paying costs incurred by Graystone Church in cleaning, repairing, or replacing any part of the building or its furnishings and equipment which in the judgment of the Facilities Director has been carelessly or irresponsible subjected to more than normal wear and tear by the persons or group involved.
All rooms have been designated with a standard room setup. The Facilities Director will provide each group with a diagram of this standard for the room they are interested in using. Any setup changes requested by the group are subject to approval by the Facilities Director and are considered in the calculation of the Impact Fees noted above.
Auditorium Sound System
The Auditorium sound reinforcement or recording systems are available upon request. The systems may be operated by a Graystone Production Team Member (at a cost of $50/hour) or by technicians pre-approved by a Production Team member. Group-provided sound, recording, or video equipment may not be attached to this sound system through cables or connections. All media need to be delivered to Graystone Production Team no less than two (2) weeks prior to scheduled event.
Smoking/Tobacco Policy All members of all groups using our facilities shall abide at all times by a “no tobacco” rule in all parts of the building, including corridors and restrooms, as well as outdoor courts, fields, etc. Violation of this rule is sufficient ground for a staff member to withdraw immediately any group’s use of the facilities and/or to deny use in the future. Alcohol/Drugs Policy The serving, consumption, or use of alcoholic beverages, marijuana, or narcotics shall not be permitted at any time on church property, including the outdoor courts, fields, and parking lots. Weapons Policy The Church is a “weapons free” facility. Any and all firearms are strictly prohibited unless carried by a law-enforcement officer. Final Decisions In case of doubt or uncertainty by any outside person or group about the application or interpretation of these regulations, or in our customary practices nor specifically mentioned here, the Campus Pastor or their delegated representative shall decide the matter and all individuals and groups shall abide by the Facilities Director’s directions of forfeit immediately the use of any part of the facility. Supervision of the Children and Youth Graystone Church has adopted the policy of Safe Sanctuaries for children and youth. All users of the facility are expected to follow the guidelines of this policy including the following:
• No fewer than two adults must be present at all times during any program or event involving children.
• These adults must be 18 or older and must be at least five (5) years older than the children with whom they are working.
• At least one of adult present must be currently certified in First Aid and/or CPR.
• Events that have not reserved an additional childcare room must insure that children present at their event stay within the room they have contracted to use. Children are not allowed in other areas of the building (including children’s rooms where toys, etc. are available) and should be supervised when using the restrooms. Any questions regarding these policies should be directed to the Campus Pastor. Nursery Use The nursery facility is available by arrangement at least two weeks prior to the event by contacting the Campus Pastor. Our safety standards require that two nursery care providers must be present to operate the nursery.
Food and Drink Food and drinks in the Auditorium are allowed with advance approval as noted in the Room Use Agreement. Decorations No decorations may be attached to the walls, doors and light fixtures. No decorating is permitted in the hallways. Any other decorations must be removed immediately and completely following the event. Starting and Ending Times
• Monday through Friday from 8:30am through 9:00pm
• Weekends from 9:00am through 6:00pm The building must be completely cleared no later than 9:30pm (or 7:00pm on Saturdays) to allow the building to be closed promptly. Exceptions to these times must be approved in advance and will be subject to a custodial surcharge. Emergency Scheduling Conflicts Graystone Church reserves the right to pre-empt any facility use for its own in cases of emergencies, such as funerals. Notice will be provided as early as possible. Trash We ask that you respect the cleanliness of our property by cleaning up after your event and depositing any trash in the appropriate receptacles located throughout the Graystone Church property. The Facility Director will empty them into the dumpsters located on our property. Recycling Recycling is a policy of Graystone Church. As a part of that policy, receptacles for recycling are available for your use. In being good stewards of all that God has entrusted us with, we ask that every organization to comply with this policy. Storage There is no excess storage available, therefor all organizations using the facility will be responsible for storing props and accessories offsite. Bicycles and Skateboards No bicycles or skateboards are allowed inside the Church facility. Parking Parking on Graystone Church campus is available only during the period of the time that a group has contracted the use the facility. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis and excludes spots specifically reserved at all times for staff of Graystone Church. Any damage to vehicles is at the owner’s expense; the Church is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property. Security Graystone Church works to maintain a safe and secure environment within the facility, however no systems are foolproof. We ask that all users pay close attention to personal property and valuables, not leaving them unattended. Graystone Church is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.